From MrReid.org Wiki
- Pupils have all the correct stationary
- Pupils are comfortable with standard form
- First lesson of the year so lots of time taken up with group rules, lab rules, stationary etc.
- Now is a good time to instruct pupils to bring a calculator to EVERY physics lesson
Main Body of Lesson
- Discuss standard form; pupils should have come across standard form in maths. Now is a good time to check they can use the “x10x” button on their calculator
- AGR has produced a useful powerpoint to help get discussion going. Powerpoint is in shared the folder.
White boards and examples
- Pupils to complete question sheet regarding standard form. Sheet in shared folder.